Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Twingo handbrake cables. Will they fit the wind ?

2 posters

Go down

Twingo handbrake cables. Will they fit the wind ? Empty Twingo handbrake cables. Will they fit the wind ?

Post by Jim smith Fri 27 Jan 2023 - 21:43

Hi members...   I have put a deposit on my first wind today... the garage that has it is waiting on handbrake cables.  Apparently been on back order since early December from renault.  So they then ordered direct from another place in France 🙄. Maybe coming this week ..  they went through other avenues Apparently but all saying out of stock.. so I went on ebay tonight and found handbrake cables listed under twingo/ wind model year 2010/12. So obviously twingo cables must fit... just not sure on the quality as they are alot cheaper than oem and some other aftermarket like auto doc. I just want a backup plan so I can tell them to order some twingo ones to get the car done . They have fitted new springs discs pads and waiting on cables to mot it..

Jim smith
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Twingo handbrake cables. Will they fit the wind ? Empty Re: Twingo handbrake cables. Will they fit the wind ?

Post by Barbs Sat 28 Jan 2023 - 19:47

@Jason Hammond can you answer this as a previous Twingo owner.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Jim smith likes this post

Back to top Go down

Twingo handbrake cables. Will they fit the wind ? Empty Re: Twingo handbrake cables. Will they fit the wind ?

Post by Jim smith Thu 9 Feb 2023 - 13:01

I can confirm the twingo cables are the same , but be aware if buying off ebay as I had a right handed cable that didn't fit , it was to short. The cable was a first line make . The left side a borg & beck fitted fine. Renault cables have now come back into stock at Renault parts direct so one has been ordered for the right. Just pay attention to cable lengths and ask the seller for measurements before ordering from eBay. It does appear the renault cables are in short supply.

Jim smith
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down