Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

MOT Passed...with advisory..

2 posters

Go down

MOT Passed...with advisory.. Empty MOT Passed...with advisory..

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Fri 7 May 2021 - 20:21

My pride and joy passed another MOT today..but unfortunately with an advisory note that the rear tyres were showing signs of "perishing"
Having looked at the date stamps on the tyres I found that they were 6 and 7 years old respectively..and had slight signs of hairline cracks around the outside edges. 
The tread depths are fine, but the age of the tyres rather than mileage has been their downfall..the car still only having 38,000 miles on the clock.
The fronts are both relatively new and I shall be replacing the rears on Monday as they have to be ordered in.

Approximate price of £75 each..but will then have matching tyres all round 👍
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Andyk likes this post

Back to top Go down

MOT Passed...with advisory.. Empty Re: MOT Passed...with advisory..

Post by Jim777 Fri 7 May 2021 - 23:14

I always ask the MOT guy when having an advisory, if it means that it does have to be fixed by the following year or not.

I got an advisory last time, that a few wires had broke on the twisted cable of my hand brake cable, thats about two out of fifty, which is nothing to worry about. I asked and was told it did not need a new cable, and he joked, unless it snapped  Shocked

In fact the guy told me to put grease over the cable at that location and cover it in dirt to hide the broken strands, a common practice, it seems Very Happy

So there are two types of advisories, one you can live with and the other has to be sorted by next MOT.

Jim777
Took the roof down

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Fri 7 May 2021 - 23:21

The garage told me that the tyres would probably be ok for another year until the next MOT...but with a few long trips planned..I wasn't willing to take any risks as far as tyres are concerned, so new tyres it is 😊...and more expense !!
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Thu 13 May 2021 - 16:46

2 x new rear tyres..Sumito brand..apparently good mid range choice..and £135 all in.
I have the same 17 inch low profile Sumitos all round now, and road holding and road noise levels seem excellent.
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Barbs, bigjase1972 and Andyk like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down