Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

New Tyres and Battery

+2
Neil
malcolm cole
6 posters

Go down

New Tyres and Battery Empty New Tyres and Battery

Post by malcolm cole Sat 17 Aug 2019 - 19:04

Looks like 4 new tyres and a battery will be needed before winter is here. Continental tyres ater £103 each and battery about £105 so looks like £520 payout. Anybody go for cheaper tyre option and is it worth buying premium products.

malcolm cole
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

New Tyres and Battery Empty Re: New Tyres and Battery

Post by Neil Tue 20 Aug 2019 - 23:34

Hi Malcolm,
I picked up a large nail in a tyre when I drove my Wind home from buying it - into the sidewall, so couldn't be repaired. Opted for Zeta, different brand but exactly the same tyre as already on the car. Think it was about £50 fitted and balanced at home. No idea if it's a "performance" or premium tyre, but it'll be fine for my driving!
Neil.
Neil
Neil
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Wed 21 Aug 2019 - 12:05

Having been pleased with a change to Avon tyres on my wife's Captur I then opted for Avon ZZ5s from Black Circles on the Wind for £62 each. 

The Avons are A rated for grip & have a lower noise level than most.

Economy rating is not so good but give me wet grip any day over an immeasurable increase in mpg!

They are asymetric; not directional; which allows easy tyre rotation to equalise wear.

I much prefer them to the original Contis which I felt were noisy & harsh riding with no obvious handling benefits in normal; occasionally spirited; driving.

To me the Avon is a premium product at a very competitive price. Also "Made in UK"!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Timtnx Wed 21 Aug 2019 - 17:37

When I bought my wind it had four new tyres on. They're branded "SUNNY" which I've never heard of, made in China. They seem to grip fine, its a bit of a harsh ride and road noise could be better I think but I have nothing to judge by as they were on when I got it..... Hopefully will be a while till I need to change them as well.... I have replaced contis with Avon on my mokka suv and they are definitely a better tyre. Less noise and better grip with less harsh ride so if that's anything to go by I'd agree they're the tyre to go for.
Timtnx
Timtnx
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Bandit197 Thu 22 Aug 2019 - 18:35

I'm using Cooper Zeon CS Sport on my 17" wheels, very happy with them for my daily 60 mile round trip comute over the peak district, with plenty of hills and bends. I'm no hooligan, but on occasion my driving may be described as 'spirited'.

The most recent ones were £153 for a pair, fully fitted, about a year ago. They must be a house brand at the place I use, as they don't come up on their website, or on Black Circles.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Cooper/Zeon-CS-Sport.htm/price/205-40-17
Bandit197
Bandit197
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Tue 15 Oct 2019 - 10:51

At the bottom of this thread was a highlighted "siimilar topic" re Winter Tyres.

When I clicked on it my PC's virus protection initially allowed it but then blocked it.

Not sure where these additional topics come from?
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by johnwkey61 Fri 13 Dec 2019 - 19:35

Go to MR TYRE website loads there much cheaper than some of the prices quoted and information about the different tyres.
johnwkey61
johnwkey61
Took the roof down

https://sites.google.com/site/johnshouse61/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down