Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Headlight Range

2 posters

Go down

Headlight Range Empty Headlight Range

Post by Johno.0 Sat 10 Aug 2019 - 17:50

Is there a way to increase the range of the headlamps as I have had new headlights installed today, and the beam just doesn’t seem to reach far enough.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

P.s., are the controls for the Headlamp range in the bonnet?
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Headlight Range Empty Re: Headlight Range

Post by pittstop Sat 10 Aug 2019 - 20:57

When you say you have new headlights am I right in assuming that you mean bulbs rather than the whole unit.

Either way: Each headlight unit has an adjuster which can be used to raise or lower the lights.

Around about dusk switch on dipped headlights & point the car at a suitable vertical surface, such as a garage door. Insert a suitably shaped driver; I use a Phillps driver; into the white adjuster & twist to raise or lower the beam.

For reference the drivers side adjuster is next to the top of the windscreen washer reservoir (on a 1.6) & the left one is in the mirror image position.

Beware the temptation of raising the lights too much as all you will get is wasted light pointing upwards & lots of oncoming cars flashing at you!

Best way is to chat up someone at your local MoT station & ask if they could set your lights for a small fee.

That said: The standard headlight bulbs on a Wind are not brilliant. I have PLUS 90% in my dip & PLUS 130% in my main.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno.0 Sat 10 Aug 2019 - 22:03

Thank you so much for your help! That was incredibly informative and very clear, thanks once again for your help!

P.s., and you were right, I did mean bulbs, my apologies.
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down