Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Just wanted to say "hi"

4 posters

Go down

Just wanted to say "hi" Empty Just wanted to say "hi"

Post by Paulo Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 8:37

A quick convoluted history of my ownership!!

Purchased spanking new Wind 1.6 (Black) in 2012 for my wife who owned it until 2018. During this time it was driven 13000 miles by her and lovingly looked after by ... me!
2018 my daughter needed a second car so we gifted her the Wind. Roll on to September 2021 .... daughter's new job involves lots of motorway driving and Wind not practical for her so we swapped cars - my 2013 Megane Coupe for the Wind. By now Wind has covered 41000 miles and needs TLC!!!!!
So I am now the official owner of my "own" Renault Wind. The car was debadged by Renault when purchased new so only Renault logos left.
Since September been working on bringing paint up to scratch (pun!) - lots of swirls and old bird etchings to deal with and a few scratches to sort.  Beautiful gloss finish now!
Replaced the side signal indicators with all black sequentials and just replaced the front and rear badges with black gloss plastic covers.
New tyres all round, MOT passed last week (no issues) .... Alloys are trashed -  Rolling Eyes so car is booked in tomorrow to have refurb and colour change to all over satin black.
My current plan (open to ideas here folks) is to respray front grill inserts from silver to gloss red, vinyl wrap side mirrors gloss red and same with the lower part of the rear boot spoiler??? What do you think? Different colour maybe? I had thought of matt gold instead of red? Also wanted to ask if anyone new the easiest/safest way to remove the grill inserts for painting?? I ahve some heavy duty plastic trim removal tools but dont want to risk breaking a clip!
Will post some pics when she's finished!

Paulo
Started the engine

johntymac, bigjase1972 and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to say "hi" Empty Re: Just wanted to say "hi"

Post by Barbs Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 9:42

Hello and welcome sounds like you have been working hard. Hope to see some pics when all complete. Like the idea of red and have seen a few pics of black and gold.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

johntymac and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 10:28

Welcome to the forum!
You will have to be really careful taking the front inserts off as the clips go brittle over time!😳
Your choice to go black with the wheels is a good one. I have a black Collection and the wheels look well in black with red brake callipers. 😊👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 10:44

Hi and welcome !!
Love the idea of the red front grille inserts, wing mirror covers, and spoiler trim 👍
As bigjase says finishing off with red brake calipers behind black wheels would complete the look a treat
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

bigjase1972 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulo Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 11:17

Barbs wrote:Hello and welcome sounds like you have been working hard. Hope to see some pics when all complete. Like the idea of red and have seen a few pics of black and gold.
I was thinking of going gold with black - seen some pics of the Elia version of the Wind - sort of Renault/Lotus GP? But I had thought of leaving grill inserts silver, leave mirrors black, silver spoiler insert, "Lotus" logo in black on spoiler insert and replace the Wind side badges with domed gel wheel caps - Black with "Lotus" in silver. Finish off with Renault/Lotus GP side stickers in silver one either side of sill behind doors?

Paulo
Started the engine

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulo Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 11:20

Forgot to add I think I'm having my third mid-life crisis  Just wanted to say "hi" 1f600

Paulo
Started the engine

Barbs and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 11:28

I must admit, I think the silver or gold will go better than the red, even though red is my favourite colour.
I love mine with the chrome bits.
Black, with black wheels, silver front inserts, chrome mirrors and chrome humps on the boot. 😊
If you have Facebook, there maybe quite a few pics on The Renault Wind Owners Club page to give you some ideas. 🤔
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 24 Oct 2021 - 14:14

And you will notice  on the Club page my Blue Boy is the photo of the month for October 2021  lol!
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

bigjase1972 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down