Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Remap of 1.2 tce

2 posters

Go down

Remap of 1.2 tce Empty Remap of 1.2 tce

Post by fordprefect4 Tue 14 Sep 2021 - 11:57

Hi everyone. I had my wind remapped to 125 bhp and 200 nm torque last week. Very pleased. The car is much more lively and responsive. Much easier to drive. The 1.2 was detuned at the factory so was perfectly safe to up to what I believe was in the Clio. An extra 3 mpg as you get up to higher gear quicker. The torque does the talk.

fordprefect4
Took the roof down

Johno.0, bigjase1972, 'Old'SeaDog and fordprefect4 like this post

Back to top Go down

Remap of 1.2 tce Empty Re: Remap of 1.2 tce

Post by Johno.0 Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 16:09

Very nice, I'm always afraid to mess with engine but glad to hear it's even nippier. Could it be remapped higher? I know they're always detuned at factory for wear and tear reasons I believe but not sure.
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by fordprefect4 Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 16:24

Hi. Not sure if it can be remapped even higher. Think it would then be a strain, to some degree, on the engine. I think the detune is for selling purposes ie the Ford whatever LX is 90 bhp...the GLX is 125 and the Ghia is 140bhp kind of thing. Could be wrong though. Take the first BMW mini. The Mini One and the Cooper had the same 1.6 engine...one set at 90bhp and the Cooper at 115. I had a remap on mine to 125 bhp. Many more examples (won't bore you with my Peugeot 406 remap...same engine but different bhps depending on trim level).
I suspect they build in a decent tolerance into all engines or the car companies would be always in court!

fordprefect4
Took the roof down

Johno.0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down