Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Jack points

2 posters

Go down

Jack points Empty Jack points

Post by Johno.0 Fri 21 May 2021 - 14:22

Took car to reputable tyre fitters, been here loads of times. Anyways they came to me and were very honest, and said they allowed an apprentice to jack the left front of the car up and he has crushed the jacking point, and I'm guessing a part of it has broken off. They've said they'll pay to have it replaced but I was always under the impression it couldn't be replaced???? 

Really confused and utterly annoyed. 

Any advice would be appreciated.
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Jack points Empty Re: Jack points

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Fri 21 May 2021 - 15:45

From what I can see from mine, the jacking points are just double thickness sections of that ridged area along the length of the car...I'm guessing that the apprentice used totally the wrong part of the chassis as a jacking point..?
If I were you, I would have the car independently inspected..possibly by the AA at the garages expense..and then take this independent advice into account before you decide on a repair..personally I wouldn't use them for the repair either, but ensure that they pay for everything..including a hire car whilst yours is off the road.

I'm also sure the mention of the local trading standards department may help !!...and ensure that they train the apprentices properly !!
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Johno.0 and bigjase1972 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno.0 Fri 21 May 2021 - 23:12

He put the jack furthest away from the wheel being removed when it's supposed to be as close to the wheel being removed as possible. I took it to the body shop that did my resprays and other fixes and they said it would be cut off and a new bit welded on which I'm not happy about as the jacking point is not welded on to begin with. The only good thing they did say was that they've seen worse. I've got the invoice for the work which isn't much either. It wasn't a back yard garage place either which is even more annoying. Thanks for your help. I'll keep you up to date with the fix.
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down