Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Farewell to Wind

+2
Andyk
pittstop
6 posters

Go down

Farewell to Wind Empty Farewell to Wind

Post by pittstop Tue 20 Apr 2021 - 15:58

As mentioned on another post: thanks to back & leg issues I've been looking for an automatic replacement for the Wind.

We've had it for nearly 6 years & it's done us proud both in the UK & across Europe on our touring holidays carrying golf gear & holiday cases with ease.

I've also enjoyed the interaction with other Winders on this forum. Winders are a friendly helpful bunch.

I may be 74 next week but still want to enjoy my driving so didn't really want to compromise on an auto hatchback with the seats down for my gear.

So: What have I traded the Wind in for?

OK It's a bit older; & more costly to fuel & maintain; than the Wind & I've got to compromise re golf gear on the passenger seat & maybe we've got to pack more frugally for holidays but: 275bhp, 155mph, 0 to 60 in 5.5 secs; a well damped ride; & a hard top convertible is a tempting; & reasonably priced; package.

What is it: A 2004 Merc SLK 350 V6.

My best wishes to all.

Keep enjoying your motoring.

Farewell!

pittstop
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

johntymac, renton beersworth, Timtnx, Johno.0, 'Old'SeaDog and Andyk like this post

Back to top Go down

Farewell to Wind Empty Re: Farewell to Wind

Post by Andyk Tue 20 Apr 2021 - 18:50

Enjoy the new car, sounds like you will have some fun in it. Drop by now and again and let us know how you are getting on with it. Not farewell hopefully just a 'See you later'

Andy
Andyk
Andyk
The Wind in your hair

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 20 Apr 2021 - 21:34

It's been great knowing you, your Membership here will not end. Hopefully your knowledge of the Wind may still help new and 'Old' members.  X
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Wed 21 Apr 2021 - 8:25

Here's wishing you many years to come of happy motoring Pittstop..and hopefully you'll still drive by the Forum occasionally to say hello.
Hope my "jokes" haven't driven you away old chap !!
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno.0 Fri 23 Apr 2021 - 12:19

Farewell, and good luck to you. Nothing will see me parted with mine but I understand your situation. All the best!
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim777 Sat 24 Apr 2021 - 12:50

Sorry to see you go, but at least you are staying with top down motoring. You must have had a lot of knowledge with the wind to be able to answer many problems in your posts, that will be missed on here.

Anyway we all have to move on to another car eventually, I miss my Honda Delsol CRX convertible which was a brilliant and fast car, but not missed my Renault Fuego built by farmers, and lived up to its name when my dash caught fire on the motorway  Razz

Said I would never buy Renault again, so I got a Wind DOH, but loving it  lol!

Jim777
Took the roof down

Barbs, Johno.0 and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down