Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Condensation

3 posters

Go down

Condensation Empty Condensation

Post by johnwkey61 Fri 13 Dec 2019 - 19:42

I had an issue the other day, it was very frosty and I clicked the defrost button (if that is what its called). The windscreen started clearing I scraped the ice off of the windscreen and side windows. Pretty soon the windows were clear. Then I turned off the defrost button and almost immediately the inside fogged up badly. Is there a knack to setting the climate control? The fog wouldnt clear so had to put the defrost on again which took a while for some reason.
johnwkey61
johnwkey61
Took the roof down

https://sites.google.com/site/johnshouse61/home

Back to top Go down

Condensation Empty Re: Condensation

Post by Barbs Sat 14 Dec 2019 - 7:49

I have mine set to auto and just change the temp. When I have used the windscreen heater I have just left it on till the car feels warm.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sat 14 Dec 2019 - 15:02

When in full Auto mode the Auto Aircon system on the GT Line decides where to send the airflows to the cabin. This is rarely to the screen & usually to just the dashboard vents sometimes causing irritating drafts.

Instead of having the system set to full Auto I have overridden the  the air flow setting to screen & floor simultaneously. Little air comes from the dashboard vents on this setting which eliminates the drafts mentioned above. 

The system will hold this setting when you press & later release the demist button.

So when starting up I press the demist button & let it clear the screen. Once the screen is cleared I press the demist button again & the system defaults to my setting of screen & floor. This warms the car whilst maintaining some airflow to the screen to keep it clear. 

I maintain this setting all year round as heat or cooling to screen & floor simultaneously gives a good temperature balance throughout the car at all times.

Last edited by pittstop on Sat 14 Dec 2019 - 15:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by johnwkey61 Sat 14 Dec 2019 - 23:04

Thanks for all your help 👍
johnwkey61
johnwkey61
Took the roof down

https://sites.google.com/site/johnshouse61/home

Back to top Go down