Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Dead Wind, fixed

2 posters

Go down

Dead Wind, fixed Empty Dead Wind, fixed

Post by BobbyA Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 17:58

Had a strange one today, car started as normal, drove the 16 miles to work, no issues.
However when I came to start it this afternoon, the car wouldn't unlock with the key, opened the door manually, put the key in ignition, nothing !!
Not even a light on the dashboard, strangely both the horn and the dashcam worked (runs of 12v socket), and I know the battery is good.

After much head scratching and looking on Renault forums, the twingo 133 forum suggested, disconnect the earth terminal from the battery for 10 minutes, so I did this and bingo it worked !!
It's a reset for the ECU, I'm going to get my mechanic to run a diagnostic check, but hopefully it's a one off incident.

BobbyA
Set the stereo

Back to top Go down

Dead Wind, fixed Empty Re: Dead Wind, fixed

Post by pittstop Fri 15 Mar 2019 - 18:42

Too many electronics in these modern cars!!  

I had a problem with my lights. 

I unwittingly cured it; a bit like your solution of disconnecting the battery; by pulling all the lighting fuses which forced the "lighting ECU" to reset itself & work properly.

I didn't even know the lights were controlled by a mini computer; I just thought that it was via simple physical switches; but was advised by a main dealer that that was the case.

Pity I'd already wasted £140 on a new lighting switching unit!!

Glad you are back in action.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down