Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Reflection in windscreen

3 posters

Go down

Reflection in windscreen  Empty Reflection in windscreen

Post by Sweeney Tue 5 Mar 2019 - 18:52

Has anyone got any solutions to the nasty reflection of the top of the dashboard and cowling over the instruments casting a really bad reflection in the screen when driving into the sun . Do other owners experience the same problem? Here's hoping 
                          Sweeney wind

Sweeney
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Reflection in windscreen  Empty Re: Reflection in windscreen

Post by Barbs Wed 6 Mar 2019 - 6:41

I think we all have the problem but after a while you get used to it. I think years ago somebody wrapped the cowling with Matt black.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Wed 6 Mar 2019 - 11:41

Became very concerned about this reflection & it's impact on my visibility quite soon after I bought the Wind when I nearly ran into a cyclist when the sun was shining at an angle so as to reflect the grey dashboard right across the screen.

There was a real need for a matt black finish on the top of the dashboard.

My initial experiments with self adhesive hobby felt were effective but looked really terrible. Also after time would it have ever come off again so I removed it & cleaned the sticky stuff from top of the dashboard. As a short term measure I the used a black towel on the dashboard but it tended to slide about round corners & block the demisters.

My wife was in Dunelm Mill & spotted sheets of matt finish cloth designed for cleaning marble work tops.

She bought 2: I cut them into shape; joined them in the middle; & laid them on the dashboard with just two small pieces of double sided tape to secure it through the bends.

Appearance "OK" & can be removed easily if want to dust, sell car, etc. I'm sure someone with more hobby skills could make a much neater job of it than I have & match the contours better

Reflection reduction very effective & I feel safer for it.

Reflection in windscreen  Wind_a10Reflection in windscreen  Wind_a11

Last edited by pittstop on Wed 6 Mar 2019 - 16:31; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrections!)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down