Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Question re engine bay

2 posters

Go down

Question re engine bay Empty Question re engine bay

Post by renton beersworth Fri 11 Jan 2019 - 10:43

I have had my Renault Wind now for about 8 weeks and delighted with everyting so far. Checking the levels under the bonnet and saw a piece of
polystyrene, black colour in the top left hand side corner. Not sure why its there, maybe something to do with soundproofing or to prevent any debris entering then blocking
drain areas, either way there is not a matching piece in the top right hand corner. Question is, was there ever a piece in the top right or is it missing. Under bonnet detectives
may be able to solve this I hope.  R.B.

renton beersworth
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Question re engine bay Empty Re: Question re engine bay

Post by pittstop Fri 11 Jan 2019 - 14:19

Just had a look at my 1.6 & it is just the same with the polly moulding drivers side only

Looked up how to remove a front wing on Dialogys & there is an image of the passenger side with no poly moulding so we are not missing anything!

I notice that the intake vents for the air con are also on the drivers side. Maybe the moulding has got something to do with preventing water running into them.

Anyone got more info?

Last edited by pittstop on Fri 11 Jan 2019 - 14:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Question re engine bay Empty re polystyrene bit missing (or not)

Post by renton beersworth Sat 12 Jan 2019 - 11:02

Hello Pitstop, Thanks for the swift reply. I agree with you that the part must be something to do with stopping the ingress of something.
At least I now know that I do not have a part missing. R.B.

renton beersworth
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Question re engine bay Empty Re: Question re engine bay

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down