Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

M.O.T. today

+2
pittstop
donjack
6 posters

Go down

M.O.T. today Empty M.O.T. today

Post by donjack Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 19:21

good evening all, after reading Huw's post regarding the cost of his pre mot, i've decided to sell up and move on!!....................................only kidding!!  lol! lol! lol!
i took mine for its mot today and was quietly dreading it!! would i have to sell my body to medical science to cover the repair bill? nope, it passed with one advisory!!
the nearside track rod end ball joint had a little bit of play in it, the mot chappie advised to get it done soon, he said that once they start going wrong they tend to deteriorate rapidly!
i went home a happy chap and to make a couple of phone calls, first was the local franchised dealer, omg, £189.00, £78.00 of that was for the part alone!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked
out of interest i decided to google the part, and they varied in price from £6.00 odd to £28.00!!
another phone call later and it's booked in tomorrow at a local 'unfranchised' garage, the price i hear you all ask?? £66.00!!
quite frankly, i can't understand how franchised dealers are still operating!!  lol! lol! lol!
so, bearing in mind poor Huw, i have now started a wind fund for next year's mot!!...............just incase!
donjack
donjack
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

M.O.T. today Empty Re: M.O.T. today

Post by Barbs Mon 1 Oct 2018 - 19:58

Great news. Once the car is out of warranty just find a trustworthy garage. Sadly my guy is turning 65 this year I am hoping he continues at little while longer.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 8:51

Donjack: Be really grateful it's the track rod end ball joint & not the bottom front suspension ball joint. That's a much bigger job involving complete new wishbones & loadsamoney!!
Always a good feeling to get that certificate in one's hand.

Barbs: Your mechanic is still young from my perspective!!!!!

I still use the same MoT tester who used to test my MGBs & TR7s. He's strict but straight with no financial axe to grind as he doesn't do repairs. He is also a petrol head, owning a Pontiac Firebird!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 2 Oct 2018 - 18:07

@pittstop I am hoping he will keep the business going a little while longer just not work as many hours. It is good when you find someone you can rely on.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Huw (Barry The Renault) Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 16:26

Donjack, nearly had a heart attack when I started to read your post via email - phew, the guilt lol!
Glad to hear it went okay. the n/s track rod end was part of the work I needed done. That cost me £56 for the part and only a small labor charge.

#trackrodend

Huw (Barry The Renault)
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by donjack Sat 13 Oct 2018 - 17:39

@Huw sorry about that!! I love my wind way too much to part company!! My wife says I love the wind more than her, not true (ish) haha haha
donjack
donjack
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by johntymac Tue 6 Nov 2018 - 15:15

MOT PASSED A FEW DAYS AGO, NEEDED O/S FRONT COIL SPRING , PLUS A SERVICE..£230 INC VAT.

johntymac
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 6 Nov 2018 - 20:31

Great news.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatanaAl Wed 7 Nov 2018 - 15:33

Mines booked in for an MOT and service on Monday, fingers crossed. Having the brake fluid and coolant changed as part of the service.
KatanaAl
KatanaAl
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down