Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

FLUOSTAR 2L

Go down

FLUOSTAR 2L

Post by pittstop on Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 17:46

Coming up to 36000mls so time to change the plugs.

Have ordered some original equipment NGKs from Eurocarparts on a Weekend 37 discount for approx £10 each.

Went to Dialogys to check fitting for any oddities & spotted a need to apply Fluostar 2L grease to end of coils where they fit over the top of the plugs. Does anyone know anything about such stuff??

Can't find it for sale but have found this on e-bay:                                                                                                                                                              

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FINISH-LINE-EXTREME-FLUORO-PURE-PFPAE-GREASE-SYRINGE-/263879410251?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FLUOSTAR 2L

Post by pittstop on Mon 20 Aug 2018 - 14:47

I've now discovered that the coils have a tendency to corrode where they link up with the plugs unless they are the later type with a green spot. 

I have no green spots!!! Not that I can see anyway.

The proper Renault Fluostar is no longer available so dealer told me they then changed to Silicon Grease but now they use waterproofing "White Grease".

I've ordered a tube & arranged to borrow a torque wrench that goes as low as 28NM
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum