Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Aargh, Key remote not working

4 posters

Go down

Aargh, Key remote not working Empty Aargh, Key remote not working

Post by knebby Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 8:11

Came back to the Wind after shopping yesterday, 70 miles from home, and the key blipper wouldn’t work! No sign of life trying to lock or unlock the car. Unlocking with the key obviously set the alarm off. 

A quick return to the shops and found a Timpsons still open at ten past five. They tested the key and yes, it was sending a signal. Maybe the battery was too low to operate the remote so he opened the key up and out fell a metal contact. He found where this had broken from and soldered it back on and replaced the battery. He also said that the remote might have lost its synchronisation with the car and if it had it can often be synchronised again by turning the ignition on and pressing the lock or unlock button while the key is in.

Got back to the car, still no signs of life from the remote, used the key to open it and climbed in, put the key in, turned the ignition on and then pressed unlock and the alarm stopped. Success! Key remote now works fine. 

A useful tip for key synchronisation that isn’t in the manual!

Many, many thanks to Ben the Viking (yes, that’s what his badge said!) at Timpsons, top guy!
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Aargh, Key remote not working Empty Re: Aargh, Key remote not working

Post by Barbs Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 9:00

That is useful, guess the batteries will be getting to the age were they need replacing.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johntymac Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 12:47

Hi Knebby, That's what I love about this site/forum . Always learning great tip thanks for sharing. Very Happy

johntymac
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 13:45

Barbs wrote:That is useful, guess the batteries will be getting to the age were they need replacing.

Have your batteries lasted since 2011?

I tend to overkill & change my remote batteries every year. 

That said my family do accuse me of being  a touch OCD when it comes to such things.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down