Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

USB problem solved but how can I prevent this?

4 posters

Go down

USB problem solved but how can I prevent this? Empty USB problem solved but how can I prevent this?

Post by marelro Mon 24 Jul 2017 - 12:03

On longer drives I like to take a USB stick along with me with audiobooks (mp3) on it. Worked fine for a long time.  Smile

But some months ago - suddenly - it did not work any more, the stick was in the socket and some sound came out of it - but not as usual... unable to hear a story. I tried several sticks - to no avail!  Sad

I switched my habit to CD audiobooks in the meanwhile.

When I cleaned my car more thoroughly recently, I thougt it can't get damaged more than what it is already and sucked the presumed dust/dirt out the socket with my strong Kärcher vacuum cleaner.

And what should I say? It worked! Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  
I can hear my beloved mp3s again.

Now the question. The position for the USB socket is not very well chosen by Renault at it is the deepest point there. No wonder that it gets dirty.

Any ideas of what I can use as a cover? I do not want to use a USB stick as I may break it accidentally.

Thanks in advance for sharing your ideas! I love you
marelro
marelro
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

USB problem solved but how can I prevent this? Empty Re: USB problem solved but how can I prevent this?

Post by Barbs Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 7:01

What about the USB that use for wireless mice or keyboards.  They don't stick out far.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

USB problem solved but how can I prevent this? Empty Re: USB problem solved but how can I prevent this?

Post by marelro Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 7:40

Hi, Barb!

I googled "USB that use for wireless mice or keyboards" for pictures because I did not know these. Will get me some (if sold separately).
Another good idea! Thanks

PS: I heard you had a FB group for German wind lovers?
marelro
marelro
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by D Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 8:43

I use a Sandisk Cruzer 32GB USB flash drive in my Wind. It's very small, barely sticks out and comes in a range of memory sizes. Check Amazon (link below) but can get elsewhere.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00812F7O8/ref=psdcmw_430554031_t1_B01BGTG41W

D
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Post by marelro Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 9:41

Thanks for the link. Had never seen such before. Will get me such a stick and leave it permanently in the car.
marelro
marelro
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by D Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 9:51

I only keep music on mine. But you can store a lot on it, so never get bored of listening to the same thing. I've kept mine plugged in for over a year.

D
Cruising down the highway

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 9:54

I also use the Sandisk Cruizer - it works well, although it sometimes gets worryingly warm.  However, I've had no problems with it.  That said, I tend to use Spotify and other phone audio apps over Bluetooth.

For a cover, it looks like a few places do silicone covers e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/i/291479200022?roken=cUgayN.
You could also make your own with Sugru: https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sugru
ElNumbre
ElNumbre
Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 25 Jul 2017 - 21:32

marelro wrote:Hi, Barb!

I googled "USB that use for wireless mice or keyboards" for pictures because I did not know these. Will get me some (if sold separately).
Another good idea! Thanks

PS: I heard you had a FB group for German wind lovers?
I don't run it but am a member.  renault wind freunde/besitzer (deutschland)
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down