Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Frightening: Boot would not open (several times)

3 posters

Go down

Frightening: Boot would not open (several times) Empty Frightening: Boot would not open (several times)

Post by marelro Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 16:59

The reason I made my way to this forum is the following problem:

On two occasions now, I stopped the car and wanted to get things out of the boot. But it would not open.
I know that the roof must be perfectly closed so I checked, I even used the handle to open and close again.

No message on the dashboard either.

I gave up and drove elsewhere, then I tried again. Boot opened as if nothing had happened.

The same happened yesterday. Again, it would not open and later it worked fine. Weird.

Does anybody here know where the sensor is /what it looks like that is sending the wrong information (roof not correctly closed)?

Then I could check it...

Beware: Never put your handbag with your door keys in the boot!

PS: I am happy for this forum. I already learned that I have to get myself a 4 mm Allen key for the glove box...
marelro
marelro
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Frightening: Boot would not open (several times) Empty Re: Frightening: Boot would not open (several times)

Post by Barbs Fri 21 Jul 2017 - 19:27

Had a similar problem before the first International meet in France. Where the lid hinges are, blast them out with air and the use a light oil. The boot lid lifts then slides a fraction, if it can't complete the cycle it sticks. This can be on opening and closing so worth a try.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Frightening: Boot would not open (several times) Empty Re: Frightening: Boot would not open (several times)

Post by marelro Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 10:45

Thank you Barbs for the quick reply and the welcome message.

I forgot to explain: I had not touched the roof - no opening or closing right before the incident, I was not driving alone, but drove a friend to an eye clinic, so we did not go there open. On the second occasion I drove only 200 metres before stopping, and the car was closed so I did not open either (shame on me?)

This being said, I think a bit of oil is always a good idea. I 'll give it a try.
My mother used to say (speaking of the sawing machine) a tiny drop of oil works wonders!
marelro
marelro
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 20:20

You are welcome. The only other thing I can suggest is the handbrake was not fully engaged.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marelro Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 22:14

What a good idea! I will keep an eye on it!
marelro
marelro
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Sat 22 Jul 2017 - 23:10

I was thinking the Handbrake too. The car doesn't give an error when the handbrake isn't on, it just completely disables the roof mechanism. This would be where I would check first.

Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down