Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

i almost cried again today!!

5 posters

Go down

i almost cried again today!! Empty i almost cried again today!!

Post by donjack Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 21:13

as previously said in a previous post, I have been trying to get my wife to love my wind the same as me, all that changed today!!
we were going to Manchester arena to see "mrs browns boys", my wife's ix35 was unavailable so she had two choices, my daughter Peugeot rcz 2.0L or my wind, she chose the wind!! lovely I thought, she does like it!!
after her getting used to the different driving style of my wind we were ok.
on arrival at Manchester she decides to do a u turn, and guess what? she kerbed my front passenger wheel!! I was devastated, she was laughing!! the cheek of it!!
ok I hear you say, its only a wheel, true, but when we got home she moved my wind out of the drive to let daughter park and she kerbed the back drivers side!! I'm watching from the window as I was getting ready for work, she sees me and starts laughing again!! no remorse what so ever!!
I may have to rethink my position on our 32 year marriage!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
thanks for reading my rant! lol! lol!
donjack
donjack
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

i almost cried again today!! Empty Re: i almost cried again today!!

Post by Barbs Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 23:14

We have all done it so we know your pain. Divorce her now the courts will side with you and I am sure they will see your love of the Wind and award custody to you.

3 options.... refurbished,  painted or changed.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donjack Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 22:40

lol! thanks barbs, that makes me feel a bit better!!
one of my work mates has just had his 20inch rims refurbished and painted, a local firm charged £60 per wheel and boy do they look stunning!! worth every penny!!
I'm now saving up as we speak!! I may even ask my good (bad!!) lady for a contribution seeing as it was (ahem! Wink ) all her fault!!  lol!  lol!  lol!
donjack
donjack
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by ElNumbre Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 20:41

My front passenger wheel is forked - I kerbed it a week after getting it in a torrential flood.  I keep looking at those rim protector, but I'm not sure how effective they'll be.

Admin

https://renaultw.in/d/

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 20:51

There are more than one type. Ally gators  or rim blades I am told the Ally gators will stay on but the rim blades can detach and may damage the car. Not an expert just what I have been told.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr@gon Tue 18 Apr 2017 - 16:44

All My wheels are in bad shape not got round to sanding and repainting them yet.
Dr@gon
Dr@gon
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by KatanaAl Wed 19 Apr 2017 - 12:11

I had my alloys refurbished just before Christmas at a cost of £200. A few weeks ago I kerbed the front nearside wheel and on further inspection noticed that I only have three wheel studs. I am assuming that the company that refurbished my wheels snapped one of the studs and forgot to tell me. I should have been more vigilant and should have noticed this sooner as I would have taken the car back. Oh and when I kerbed the wheel it took a small chunk out of the sidewall of the tyre. The alloys are very stylish but I would settle for less stylish alloys with normal tyres and not the ridiculous low profile tyres that we have.
KatanaAl
KatanaAl
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down