Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

18o mile drive

3 posters

Go down

18o mile drive Empty 18o mile drive

Post by Bullyboy Tue 7 Feb 2017 - 15:36

Took mine for its longest drive so far on a 180 mile round trip since I have had it.  Got to say was impressed as I thought it might be a bit tiresome.  
I didn't not get the roof down but it performed well and was quietly impressed.  The wind is the first convertible I have owned and in my mind it's a stepping stone to buying something bigger or better however for the money I paid the amount I use it as a second car I am struggling to look at anything better.  

The only thing on the radar as a possible is the new mx5rf or possibly a 4 seater maybe a Volkswagen eos.  Purely the eos as I have 2 kids and 4 seats in the long run would be better.  

However the wind is unique and still continues to impress !
Bullyboy
Bullyboy
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

18o mile drive Empty Re: 18o mile drive

Post by pittstop Thu 16 Feb 2017 - 11:37

Do agree about long trips not being a problem.

Having taken ours on two trips to southern France last year I can assure you that the Wind is really quite refined on a long run for such a compact car. OK it's no Merc or BMW, but we arrive at our destinations relaxed.

Yes: we do keep the roof up on Autoroutes; it gets a bit draughty at 80mph; but on other roads it's usually roof down.

Do you ever holiday in your convertible? If so the MX5 & the EOS have very limited boots, especially with roof down. The Wind is great. Plenty of room for our collection of designer shoes!!!!!!!!!!

Rear seat passengers, even kids, soon get fed up with the extra buffeting they get in the rear seats so a "selfish" two seat convertible, for fun & holidays, plus a 4/5 seater for sensible trips is the order of the day.

I wonder how many Wind owners don't have another car?
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Thu 16 Feb 2017 - 12:13

Well our Wind is the car we use for holidays and I have never had a problem taking everything we need for a week. The KA is just to get me to work as it is a very dirty environment and I don't like my precious Wind to get dirty. Really looking forward to the day I can get rid of the KA as it means I will of retired. Smile
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullyboy Thu 16 Feb 2017 - 18:10

Thanks guys. No holidays as the 2 kids and wife need to go somewhere !

Been away in the USA last 10 days on business need to get the wind out this weekend !
Bullyboy
Bullyboy
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Thu 16 Feb 2017 - 22:08

Weather forecast is looking good for this weekend
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down