Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

The Wind on-line Manual

+2
Araf
colin565
6 posters

Go down

The Wind on-line Manual Empty The Wind on-line Manual

Post by colin565 Thu 19 May 2016 - 21:17

Been looking at the on-line manual in detail, Barbs, Araf.....

As usual when buying an on-line manual there is always bits missing, and this seems to be the case here. A lot missing.

To get the manual to know what car you have, you have to select renault, then wind, then your engine type.

1.6i is E4MB or E4MC (not sure why two versions?)
1.2i is E4MA or E4MF (again not sure why two versions?)

Then you put in your build date, mine is 1107 where 11 is 2011, month 07.

After that the fun begins....

Looking through the manual there is a lot of mechanical information and spare parts lists. Good so far.

Where it seems to let itself down is the lack of electrical information.

You can get the harness loom location for the whole car.... good, also the electrical connectors for some of the car, mostly engine and some of the cabin electrics.

As for electrical diagrams, it is rather lacking, you get a few bits and pieces, like the engine area and dash instruments, but important schematics are not selectable even though the sub menus shows them (it does not hi-light them), like in passenger cabin and roof, and rear boot areas, which means you cannot read any of the roof or boot mechanism.

So if I am reading this right, and cannot select cabin electrics, roof electrics, and boot electrics, it looks like this is all missing off the data files. Have any of you found that you can hi-light these areas, as I cannot?

Try selecting MR (thats the manual) then wiring-connectors...then passenger compartment ....then nothing else hi-lights up, ie, I cannot access dashboard, console, floor, roof, opening elements of roof, seats.

I wonder as the reader can be connected to the internet,  can it get more info, ie, can it get to these sub menus? as mine does not hi-light them at all, or go on the net to get info. Are you doing any better? 

CONCLUSION: Manual is ok for a lot of mechanical parts show, but not electrics, as that is very un-complete, and do not have electrical schematics and wiring diagrams for most of the car. 

This seems to be a very common problem with on-line manuals as they are never complete.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

The Wind on-line Manual Empty Re: The Wind on-line Manual

Post by Araf Thu 19 May 2016 - 21:49

Not looked at mine yet.  Unfortunately I've had a few other things on, so it's taken a back seat.
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Thu 19 May 2016 - 21:58

Araf wrote:Not looked at mine yet.  Unfortunately I've had a few other things on, so it's taken a back seat.

See how you get on with it when you get time.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Thu 19 May 2016 - 22:32

Simple question, where can you fund the build date?
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Fri 20 May 2016 - 11:32

Mine was actually on my documentation, 07 (July)and I bought it on 11 (November). So four months from build to buy.

Also there should be codes on some part numbers on your car with build date of component which is not as accurate, as component might be made 2 to say 6 months before car.

Another 'less accurate' way is take the date you bought the car, and allow for it lying around before being bought, say four months max (that how long my car had been). 

If it was one of the launch date cars, then the time for build to buy would have been less months, as these sold quick.

Hope that helps.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Fri 20 May 2016 - 14:29

We were shown in France where to find the number in sequence of when your car was produced.  On the door pillar panel it shows the Vin plate number, the number at the top is the production number mine is 6891.  

@Col565 it also shows the model number mine is an E4MF.

Will be interesting to see what numbers the rest of you have.  Who knows someone here might have one of the first.....
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr@gon Fri 20 May 2016 - 16:22

cant read mine lol looks like 0089 that cant be right
Dr@gon
Dr@gon
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Fri 20 May 2016 - 17:50

E4MB here, and if I'm reading it right, the build number is Y007775
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Fri 20 May 2016 - 17:57

It might be. What date was the Wind registered mine was March 2011 but I know it had the Alarm fitted 25.02.2011 in Teesport where it was delivered into the Uk as I have the certificate.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Tue 24 May 2016 - 12:01

That should put your build date around Dec 2010 to Jan 2011.

Retrofitting the alarm when the cars arrived in the UK was never the best of plans, as mine packed in when under the last year of warranty and needed a new alarm box fitted in the boot as it was giving off spurious alarms at night annoying the neighbour's and me.

At least the replacement alarm box seems to have done the trick, and its working fine.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 24 May 2016 - 13:29

Have you found the manual useful. To be honest I was looking for roof issues.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Tue 24 May 2016 - 14:23

Well I am waiting to see if others can access the sub sections that I cannot, ie, most of the electrical sections, like the 'roof and boot operation' electrics.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Tue 24 May 2016 - 19:44

I've got a copy of Dialogys. When I get to the detailed pages my screen keeps going black over the detailed info but weirdly enough I can print it off. Anyone know how to prevent this?

For the home user it's a far from ideal system. It's very large to download & I'm not really comfortable about having a VM running Windows XP within my Windows 10. Why cannot someone separate individual models rather than having to store data on so many other models & put them on smaller files?
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Wed 25 May 2016 - 9:25

I also am getting these black screens over the diagrams, (forgot to mention this) but if you go back to anther section and return, the diagram may come up or may not come up without the blackout. 

Seems to be random in my case. I am running win7, with this virtual XP reader. 

PS....Still cannot access a lot of electric sub-sections as mentioned previously.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down