Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Removing paint, scuffs and scratches from paintwork

4 posters

Go down

Removing paint, scuffs and scratches from paintwork Empty Removing paint, scuffs and scratches from paintwork

Post by Night Fury Mon 16 May 2016 - 8:38

After scraping my passenger door against a concrete pillar, I thought I would have a go at getting rid of the white paint that has been scratched onto the paint work. I have read about a products such as T-Cut scratch remover and Farecla G3, but I have never used them myself. Has anyone used products such as these to improve the shine on their cars?
Night Fury
Night Fury
Took the roof down

Back to top Go down

Removing paint, scuffs and scratches from paintwork Empty Re: Removing paint, scuffs and scratches from paintwork

Post by LukeC Mon 16 May 2016 - 18:41

If it's only faint it should buff out but I've never found T cut worth bothering with

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Removing paint, scuffs and scratches from paintwork Empty Re: Removing paint, scuffs and scratches from paintwork

Post by Araf Mon 16 May 2016 - 19:03

Agreed.  SRP is a mild abrasive and polish, so will be better to use than T Cut style products.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr@gon Mon 16 May 2016 - 19:23

I have used g3 many time works well after wet flatting hole car with 1200 then 2000 grit sand paper.
there are different types of g3 compound tho also good for blending new paint work into old..
Dr@gon
Dr@gon
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down