Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Misted up lights and Forum v FB debate

+9
pittstop
Mistydogblue
bigjase1972
Therollsroyceman
colin565
Barbs
LukeC
knebby
Araf
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Misted up lights and Forum v FB debate Empty Misted up lights and Forum v FB debate

Post by knebby Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 7:59

Hi all,

I'm looking at a nice, good low mileage Wind to buy but all four if the light cover are listed up to some degree. Other than that it's faultless.

Apart from looking awful I'm thinking potential mot failure. Is it an easy fix eg new seals, or is it replacement units. (I don't want any DIY fixes like drilling holes in them to let air in..)
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Misted up lights and Forum v FB debate Empty Re: Misted up lights and Forum v FB debate

Post by knebby Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 8:03

'...misted up.....' obviously...
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Misted up lights and Forum v FB debate Empty Re: Misted up lights and Forum v FB debate

Post by knebby Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 9:13

Googling it basically says it happens,live with it. Im thinking that this car having done less than 20,000 miles in 4 years hasnt had the lights on enough to dry out the condensation inside or for the warmth from the lights to cause the air flow through the light vents to stop it happening. If that were the case then regular use of the lights should get frid of it. Does that seem reasonable?
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 9:40

A local garage says it may have been steam cleaned, moisture has been forced in and to get access via the bulb housing and dry them out with a hairdryer.
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Araf Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 13:33

Both of the above are valid.  

I know the rear lights are easy to remove, so taking them off, taking the bulbs out, and leaving them somewhere warm and dry to get rid of the moisture would be a good idea.

Is it another red one?
Araf
Araf
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 15:08

No, none around. I was too slow for a red 1.6 with 33,000 miles and black leather. They were asking £5,450 and it was 250 miles away. While I cogitated they dropped it to £4,999 and it went.
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 15:23

Also had my eye on a black 1.2 with camel leather and only 7,450 miles but that was about 200 miles away and has gone too. Think they were asking about £6,250.

Or there's a 1.6 Dynamique with leather that's only done 1,600 miles available for £6,495 but it's blue..... ! (Sorry Barbs!)
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeC Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 17:35

What makes you want another when you already have one?

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by knebby Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 17:43

146,000 miles on the clock...
knebby
knebby
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 21:32

knebby wrote:Also had my eye on a black 1.2 with camel leather and only 7,450 miles but that was about 200 miles away and has gone too. Think they were asking about £6,250.

Or there's a 1.6 Dynamique with leather that's only done 1,600 miles available for £6,495 but it's blue..... ! (Sorry Barbs!)
go for blue you know its best.....
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeC Wed 23 Dec 2015 - 0:28

knebby wrote:146,000 miles on the clock...
Barely run in that; keep it till it goes pop

LukeC
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Fri 1 Jan 2016 - 13:32

The best long term solution for a misted up light fitting is to replace it, with new or secondhand.

But watch if buying secondhand off Ebay and the likes, that you ask the seller, does it mist up, and can I return it is found that it does.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Therollsroyceman Thu 16 Jul 2020 - 19:24

Hi all I’m new on here and want to change my rear light as it’s misted up, someone says it’s easy to do and I’ve removed a couple of bolts and it’s loose but seems that it’s still attached further up, is there any YouTube videos or links please ?

Therollsroyceman
Started the engine

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Fri 17 Jul 2020 - 17:52

Hi there Therollroyceman!
Are you a member of The Renault Wind Owners Club UK on Facebook?
There’s 235 helpful members on there that could maybe advise you on this problem mate!😉👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydogblue Sat 18 Jul 2020 - 12:33

Hi therollroyceman, plenty of helpful members amongst the 300 members of this forum as well. There is nothing else holding the rear light on other than the two nuts on the inside of the light cluster and you just need to wiggle at it until it comes out.

Mistydogblue
Put the sunglasses on

bigjase1972 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sat 18 Jul 2020 - 16:13

Interesting numbers. 

Although there are nominally 300 members on the Forum, in practice 235 of them have gone over to using Facebook as their Wind platform & they rarely post on the Forum anymore. Of the remaining 65 on the Forum many of these would seem to be "inactive" with just a handful of us still using the Forum for it's original purpose.

Forum traffic has never been so low.

Facebook has been a great success but; as I predicted; to the detriment of the original Forum which may in time be relegated to the role of an archive.

Sad for those whose; much appreciated by myself; efforts built the Forum up from scratch but: such is the march of progress.

Just keep on enjoying the cars!!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Barbs and D like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydogblue Sat 18 Jul 2020 - 17:57

Bigjase has done a very good job of promoting facebook, particularly to new forum members. It's unfortunate that nobody who runs the forum is making the same effort to promote the forum to new facebook members. There seems to be more effort made trying to win the monthly photo competition.

Mistydogblue
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sat 18 Jul 2020 - 18:09

Would just be great for us all to use both the Facebook club page and the forum to their best advantage!😉👍🏻
The forum is a great place for holding information and tips, where as the Facebook club page is more light hearted and dare I say a more modern set up for like minded Wind fans to share their ownership and passion for these future classic cars!😊
Between the two, hopefully we have a great set up!
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sat 18 Jul 2020 - 20:33

pittstop wrote:Interesting numbers. 

Although there are nominally 300 members on the Forum, in practice 235 of them have gone over to using Facebook as their Wind platform & they rarely post on the Forum anymore. Of the remaining 65 on the Forum many of these would seem to be "inactive" with just a handful of us still using the Forum for it's original purpose.

Forum traffic has never been so low.

Facebook has been a great success but; as I predicted; to the detriment of the original Forum which may in time be relegated to the role of an archive.

Sad for those whose; much appreciated by myself; efforts built the Forum up from scratch but: such is the march of progress.

Just keep on enjoying the cars!!

The Forum is promoted on FB with it own page and still gets interest.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2967306993382213&id=708102652636003

You can't force people to post, a lot of people just visit both here and FB. The main thing is we are here to help.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by D Sat 18 Jul 2020 - 20:56

TBH I’ve never been a big poster on the forum, but looked most days even if not signed in. More recently I’ve spent less time on the forum as got frustrating seeing nearly every post accompanied by a response to join the Facebook group. I can understand a desire to promote it, so perhaps doing it as it’s own link on the Forum....

D
Cruising down the highway

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sat 18 Jul 2020 - 20:59

Sorry about that DarrenJ! Just trying to get people together enjoying there experiences with their cars mate!🙏🏻😉👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sun 19 Jul 2020 - 10:26

Quite true you cannot force people to post. 

Personally, I don't think posting has reduced overall it's just that after what has been a high impact sales drive they are now posting on Facebook not the Forum.

There are only so many Wind owners; who wish to share their experiences; to go around so realistically there was only one way Facebook could flourish & that was to the detriment of the Forum as people won't post the same thing twice on different media.

Whether we like it or not we need to accept that these two media are now competing for business.

As in nature: The lion cub has grown fast & is successfully challenging for the role of King of the JUNGLE!!!

Last edited by pittstop on Sun 19 Jul 2020 - 10:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : error)
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno.0 Sun 19 Jul 2020 - 10:35

The only reason I use this is because I don’t have Facebook. When I inevitably do get it (really don’t want it) I doubt I’ll jump back here. The only thing I’ve seen on Facebook which I do like is that there’s more posts with pictures of other peoples winds with stuff done to them which I do like seeing. It’s all about engagement, and Facebook has the edge.
Johno.0
Johno.0
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by bigjase1972 Sun 19 Jul 2020 - 11:04

You have put it exactly right Johno.0
You can definitely get more involved in the experience on the Facebook club page with the aid of pictures and a more user friendly interface.
You can follow subjects of interest more easily and make posts more easily too.
The forum is better for holding information in separate files for future reference.
The Facebook club page and the forum are not competing against each other for business as they are both for fun and non profit making.
Barbara and I would rather them just work together and help all Wind owners have the best experience possible!😉👍🏻
bigjase1972
bigjase1972
Admin

Johno.0 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by pittstop Sun 19 Jul 2020 - 11:53

This thread re misted lights has been rather taken over; with myself equally guilty; with Forum/Facebook discussions.

Why?

On 16th July rollroyceman asked a question about misted lights.

On 17th July the first response was:

Hi there Therollroyceman!
Are you a member of The Renault Wind Owners Club UK on Facebook?
There’s 235 helpful members on there that could maybe advise you on this problem mate!

This was then followed by:

Hi therollroyceman, plenty of helpful members amongst the 300 members of this forum as well.

The discussion went from there!
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

'Old'SeaDog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydogblue Sun 19 Jul 2020 - 13:45

I think this has been a useful and necessary discussion. The reality is that the FB site is a much better one. It is well run and has lots of great discussions and ideas and from it I have gone on to get many parts including sports exhaust, air filter and decals.
But what prompted me to respond to this post in the first place was bigjase's origin comment. I honestly don't think he meant it the way it came across but it inferred that the reader was being redirected to FB to get the advice and therefore it read like a post from a competitor rather than someone promoting a sharing of the two sites.
What has been more surprising is that those involved in running this forum either didn't see that or did see it and decided not to address it and have almost taken the opposite approach.
They are two very different sites and each serves a different purpose but if they are to be shared and work together them promote them both equally.

Mistydogblue
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Sun 19 Jul 2020 - 15:11

Mistydogblue wrote:I think this has been a useful and necessary discussion. The reality is that the FB site is a much better one. It is well run and has lots of great discussions and ideas and from it I have gone on to get many parts including sports exhaust, air filter and decals.
But what prompted me to respond to this post in the first place was bigjase's origin comment. I honestly don't think he meant it the way it came across but it inferred that the reader was being redirected to FB to get the advice and therefore it read like a post from a competitor rather than someone promoting a sharing of the two sites.
What has been more surprising is that those involved in running this forum either didn't see that or did see it and decided not to address it and have almost taken the opposite approach.
They are two very different sites and each serves a different purpose but if they are to be shared and work together them promote them both equally.
 Hi @Mistydogblue in response to your remark highlighted above I feel I need to respond.  This forum was created in 2015 by myself with a lot of help from 2 other people.   The original forum was stolen from it's Members and was sadly locked away from us. I login everyday to see if there have been any posts or indeed new Members. Jason did ask me if I minded him promoting FB on here and I said I didn't have a problem with it, I don't feel threatened by the FB page and I am part of it I think probably the first to join when Jason set it up as we had already talked about it.  But i will request that Jason doesn't badger every member.

In my opinion there are quite a few things to think about here as @Pittstop has pointed out the numbers.... We have just over 2,000 Winds in the Uk  the numbers on here and FB only add up to less than 600 and that includes members from other forums in Europe. Some of the members are on both sites so that reduces the number of Winds we have captured.  Ian has recently handed the Admin of the FB forum page to me so I ran a picture of a cottage we stayed in when we went to the first International meet and got 25 likes and 4 loves that post points people to this forum not the FB Group. I still try to find members but there is another issue here.... if you look at the ages of the new Wind owners that Jason has captured with the FB they appear to be a lot younger than the people myself included that bought the cars from new.  This platform is not the most user friendly when it comes to posting photo's I agree, but I can't alter that and rather than try and find a more user friendly platform this is the best I can offer. A few years ago it got a little revamp and maybe it it time to do that again although to be fair it wasn't done by me but someone that knew what they were doing. 

I did think about moving this discussion to a new thread but instead I hope @rollroyceman doesn't object I have added it to the title of the thread  so it isn't lost.   

This is a forum for Wind owners and past and present if anyone has ideas please share it is after all our forum.

I have tried to write this from the heart not the head so I know their are errors but if I ask Graham (hubby) to correct it I know it will loose some of the passion I still feel about the Wind and this forum.
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

bigjase1972 and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Mon 20 Jul 2020 - 9:12

Well said Barbs....your passion and enthusiasm for our excellent cars shines through, and is obvious
I am one of the slightly more mature (not mentally 😊) owners...and have never really felt the need to join Facebook...and recently gave the idea of joining some real thought, but ...sorry Jason....have decided to stick with the forum.
Jason's enthusiasm for drawing members to Facebook is to be commended in that he is heavily promoting something that he believes is beneficial...but, I must admit that there have been times when every post was accompanied by a suggestion to join the Facebook discussion....I did find these a tad frustrating, and looking at new posts seemed as if that phrase leapt from the page each time.
I would say to everyone who joined the Forum originally, or drops in...and Facebook members...LETS HAVE A BIG SHOUT OUT FOR THE GOOD OLD FORUM !! 😉....without which there wouldn't be a Facebook discussion page.
Come on Forum members...don't let the Forum die through lack of interest or neglect.....lets not let all of Barbs hard work since the start have been in vain !!
Lets have the Forum and Facebook discussions running in parallel...as a team, not in competition please.
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Barbs, pittstop, Johno.0 and bigjase1972 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs Mon 20 Jul 2020 - 9:49

@Old'SeaDog Wow thank you. Think I need to do some dusting as I am sure it was that made my eyes water. x
Barbs
Barbs
Admin

pittstop, Johno.0 and 'Old'SeaDog like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Old'SeaDog Mon 20 Jul 2020 - 18:50

My pleasure Barbs....I just think that the combined forces of the original Forum and the new Facebook Forum would make a fantastic future source of information and historically discovered problem solves from the beginnings of the Wind Forum....we're stronger together, rather than being in competition with each other
'Old'SeaDog
'Old'SeaDog
The Wind in your hair

Barbs likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next