Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.
Renault Wind Owners
Welcome to the Forum

For the best experience and to see exclusive content, we encourage you to register and login, either using our native login, or the TopicIt system.

If however you do not wish to register, then please close this window.

Relocating your 'Alarm on' light

4 posters

Go down

Relocating your 'Alarm on' light Empty Relocating your 'Alarm on' light

Post by colin565 Fri 14 Aug 2015 - 10:06

For those with the Alarm system in the car, did you know that there is a hidden 'Alarm on' light?

It is lit but hidden inside the boot  rabbit

It is located hidden behind the trim in the boot alongside the alarm box. the light is all coiled up, but useless where it is. 

This oversight I assume was due to the lazyness of the UK alarm fitters, as it was fitted here in the UK, when the cars arrived here from abroad.

Some owners have added additional cable to the light and ran the cabling inside the boot to the back of the cabin. Located in the back window trim. 

The 'Alarm on' light can therefore be seen, as it should be, acting as a theft deterrent. 

There used to be pictures of this easy mod on the old forum.
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Relocating your 'Alarm on' light Empty Re: Relocating your 'Alarm on' light

Post by pittstop Sun 27 Mar 2016 - 9:42

Thought I'd take a look at this so peeled back some of my boot trim breaking some of the trim retainers in the process. Is the alarm box the thing that looks like a plastic coffin between the boot & the passenger compartment? Couldn't find the light so am I looking in the wrong place. Perhaps I haven't got an alarm!
Anyone got one of the pictures from the old forum?

Off to Halfords to but some trim retainers. I need two but I bet I have to buy a dozen.
pittstop
pittstop
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by colin565 Sun 10 Apr 2016 - 23:37

This is going back two years, so memory is vague on this, but yes it is a black box and it had an old fashioned looking bezel lamp just tied on, connected by two wires, inside the trim in the boot. Cannot remember where though. Maybe someone else will remember.

Might be that on some cars the lamp was not connected up to contacts in the box, but in the car on the photo the 'alarm on indication' lamp was just coiled up behind trim, but not long enough to go anywhere. 

Here is a highly technical diagram of how I remember the photo looked  lol!

Relocating your 'Alarm on' light Capture_zpsz7h7fmw0
colin565
colin565
The Wind in your hair

Back to top Go down

Post by Timtnx Sun 12 May 2019 - 17:56

Just moved my alarm on light as mentioned in this thread. The alarm is under the plastic cover of the boot lock in the boot. Two torx screws hold that cover down and then you need to lift it off the plastic trim clips, right hand up first then slide to the right to release from the left clip. The alarm is fixed in the void between the number plate and inner steel skin of the boot. The led is just taped up with the other wiring loom connections to the alarm. I drilled a hole in the rear window interior trim (bottom middle) had to be very careful as couldn't see how to get the trim to release so did it in place (there are other electrical items under there so make sure you pick a location with enough space and I had my fingers under there while slowly drilling the hole so I knew I didn't hit anything vital) . I then ran the extended cable along the right hand side of the boot, behind the carpet trim and through the big hole which you can see the seat belt through from the boot. Then up behind the cabin rear carpet trim and across to the rear window trim and new led location. Easier if you undo the upper seat belt bolt to ease the carpet trim but still a fiddle. Happy with the new position and now it shows in the cabin when the alarm is on.
Timtnx
Timtnx
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by jmee54 Mon 13 May 2019 - 16:11

Hi Timtnx, I have just found my alarm as you described, except I can see no warning light. There is a bundle of 4 wires all taped together that disappear through a hole and a red and black wire that does likewise and I can see no sign of a light. Does this sound the sam as yours?

jmee54
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Timtnx Mon 13 May 2019 - 17:29

Hi, it sounds very similar except that the cables were all bound up in black insulation tape so I unbolted the alarm and took it out of the hole it lives in so I could undo the tape and find the led.
Timtnx
Timtnx
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by jmee54 Mon 13 May 2019 - 20:38

Unless the light is on a different wire that I can't see, the ones taped (in insulating tape) all disappear through a hole in the bottom of that compartment. Those are 4 thick ones that plug into the unit + there is the thin black and red one that also goes through the hole and one thin black one that I am pretty sure goes to the sensor behind the seat. Where does the wire with the light come from? Maybe I need to remove the unit too.

jmee54
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Timtnx Mon 13 May 2019 - 21:44

Well the black and red twin wire should be the one with the led on the end. Not sure why that goes into the hole on your car, unless someone else has already done something before you got it
Timtnx
Timtnx
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by jmee54 Tue 14 May 2019 - 20:41

Had another look this evening. The red and black wire goes through to the underside of the car with the 4 thick black wires and heads over to the nearside of the spare wheel well. There isn't any spare wires, or any with an led on the end. If the red and black wire has the led on the end I have no idea where it might be.

jmee54
Put the sunglasses on

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down